PAYING YOUR PREMIUM
For GundersenOne and Senior Choice members
Premium payment options are listed below. These options are available for GundersenOne and Senior Choice members. If you are a new member, your welcome letter will include the amount of your monthly premium and due date. If you need assistance please call Customer Service at (855) 685-6404 or (608) 775-8092 for GundersenOne members or (888) 761-2557 or (608) 775-8081 for Senior Choice members.
1. Pay now online.
- This option is available for GundersenOne and Senior Choice members.
- Once you select the Pay Now button above, you can choose to:
- Pay Now to make a one-time payment.
- Enroll to set up an account to make recurring payments.
2. Make your payment by phone.
- Call 1-844-327-3352.
- You will need the nine digit account number on your billing statement.
- Any additional information requested during the automated phone payment, such as the last four digits of the social security number, is for the contract holder.
3. Mail your premium payment to this address.
- Gundersen Health Plan, P.O. Box 856565, Minneapolis, MN 55485-6565.
- Please allow 7 business days for delivery and processing of a mailed payment.
4. Deliver your premium payment to either of these locations.
- Gundersen Health System – La Crosse, Resource Center, 1836 South Avenue, La Crosse, WI 54601
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Gundersen Health Plan, Support Services Building, 3190 Gundersen Drive, Onalaska, WI 54650
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAYMENT
Will my monthly payment amount change?
Your payment will not change during a given calendar year unless you have had a status change within your household. For example, the number of dependents in your family has increased or decreased, or you have had a change in household income. Prior to January 1 of each year, the Health Plan will notify you if there are premium changes to your plan.
Will I receive a monthly statement (bill) for my insurance premium (payment)?
Yes. Your billing statement will be mailed to you each month. Your payment is due by the last day of the month.
Will my insurance be cancelled if I miss the due date on my first payment?
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), a federal agency, regulates the payment process. CMS requires that your first payment be received prior to the due date in order for coverage to be effective the following calendar month. There is no grace period for your first payment.
How do I make my payment each month for my insurance?
The following options are available to make your monthly insurance payment:
- Payments options are listed above.
- Gundersen Health Plan is required to follow Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations regarding the receipt of your payment. Cancellation or termination of your coverage may occur if your payment has not been received by the due date.
- If you believe that your payment will not be received by the Health Plan on or before the due date, please consider dropping off your payment in person to avoid cancellation of your policy. Please allow 7 business days for delivery and processing of a mailed payment.